Contents of the EEPD
1. DISCUSSION DOCUMENTS concerning use of Electronic Patient Records in Acute Hospital Medicine. (>30 Essays)
2. “NIGHTMARE Findings”
Perinatal Data Items so far identified from casenotes, datasets and proformas.
3. DATASETS. More than 100 Existing Mainly-Incompatible Maternal and Neonatal datasets.
Requirements / Birth Surveys / Databases / Standard Proformas / Proposals
Both Original Versions with numbering and then as re-arranged chronologically to allow quality comparisons.
Integration of Volume 2. Dataset items into a Chronological Flow-patterned Order.
Detailed Analysis and many Comments - new Wiki version so you can comment on and discuss these items too
Includes complex topics, such as Place & Method of Birth and Anaesthesia/Analgesia
5. “LOGICAL PRIORITY” Maternal & Neonatal Logical Priority EPR Draft Phase 1 Dataset Definition Proposals
6. “R.I.O.s” Maternity and Neonatal Realistic Input-Output Opportunities
Detailed Specifications for each potentially reliable opportunity to interact with the EPR
(i.e. use of a keyboard, VDU and printer in maternity and neonatal care)
Proposals for this to be done in phases.
7. PROGNOSIS. Assessment of Probabilities
Documenting from the best available source, information about the prognosis which currently doctors are expected to memorise but most of which the majority of doctors find it difficult to remember after they have passed their specialist examinations.
8. SIGNPOSTS. Guidelines/Protocols from Local and International Experts
Documenting those specific “Trigger Data” which are relevant to an electronic dataset with individualised “Action Suggestion” options based on current Guidelines
9. LINKS TO LEAFLETS
Making sure the right information is available to maternents, patients, parents and staff
when and where it is needed.
Suggested Data to be displayed automatically in Different Clinical Situations
11. CASENOTES. Printed Paper Casenotes for Maternity & Neonatal Care.
Principles, Examples and Recommended Printed Data Items
12. PROFORMAS. Printed Paper Proformas for Maternity & Neonatal Care
The Paperwork of Pregnancy / The Bureaucracy of Birth
13. PRINTOUTS. Paper and Sticky Label Computer generated Printouts
Datasets and Designs.
14. CARE PATHS
Care Algorithms from many sources
15. “S.IN.B.A.Ds.” (Standard INter-program Bundles of Associated Data)
Draft Datasets for the transfer of Standardised Data from one type of IT system to another
19. HANDBOOKS. Free Generic Filofax Handbook for Local Editing
20. ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE
22. ORGANISATION OF PERINATAL CARE
24. LEAFLETS. Many Copyright-Free leaflets for Local Editing
26. NEONATAL ELECTRONIC ENCYCLOPAEDIA
27. GENERAL GYNAECOLOGICAL ELECTRONIC ENCYCLOPAEDIA
29. URO-GYNAECOLOGY e-ENCYCLOPAEDIA
30. GYNAECOLOGICAL ONCOLOGY e-ENCYCLOPAEDIA
A. U.K. INITIATIVES relevant to the creation of Maternity & Neonatal EPRs.
B. Related WEB Sites
C. CLINICAL IT CONTRACTS
Comments and Advice concerning contracts for the installation of Medical Software Computer Systems
D. COMMERCIAL COMPANIES (In Preparation)
Companies marketing Maternal & Neonatal EPRs
E. Computer PROGRAMS
Computer program relevant to perinatal computer systems
F. PUBLICATIONS relevant to Perinatal EPR development
G. CONTACTS. Addresses, Telephone Numbers; especially direct phone lines for Intra-Uterine Transfers
H. NOW. Current United Kingdom Overview of Maternity Casenotes and Maternity &/or IT systems